Thursday, April 5, 2012

We have Tadpoles!

If you have seen my classroom, or even the name of this blog, you are well aware that I lika da froggies! So it makes sense that I had planned on getting tadpoles as a pet for our classroom for some hands on life cycle learning! I was going to order them from an online company but decided against it because it would have cost too much. Lucky me though, my aunt was cleaning out a fountain in her front yard and found some teeny tiny tadpoles. I rushed out and got an aquarium and welcomed some new class pets into room 103! Although the tadpoles are super duper tiny, the kids seem delighted any time they see one dart across the front of the tank. We will be learning about the life cycle of  a frog leading up to Earth Day, and will continue to watch the little guys grow and develop! I will post another picture when you can actually see the tadpoles!

No comments:

Post a Comment