Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dinosaur Fossil Fun

At Glenpool Elementary we use Reading Street for our reading series, and this week our story is called "Mister Bones: Dinosaur Hunter." I am lucky to work with an amazing team of first grade teachers, and one of my close friends Aubrey (another first year teacher like myself) had an AWESOME idea to create dinosaur fossils with three simple ingredients: Flour, salt and water! We mixed it in a large bowl and then the kiddos had at it! We played with the dough, smashed it down and then used our fingers to make a dinosaur footprint! We talked about fossils and are creating elaborate stories about where we found our fossils, which dinosaur we believe they belong to and how we excavated it! 

We are having fun learning more about dinosaurs and I hope you enjoy the pictures of my sugar pies creating! 

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Scrapbook design generated with Smilebox

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Thank you for sharing! I am your newest follower. I would love for you to visit me when you get the chance! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,

    I love the fossil idea. I want to make them with my class next week for our last unit. Could you tell me the exact amounts of flour, salt, and water for the recipe?

    Thanks,

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete